Tuesday, December 30, 2008

9 in 2009

LibraryThing is suggesting that people read 9 books in 9 different categories, all in 2009. Thanks to Robyn for this information.

There is a new page on the readers advisory wiki for any reading lists which this reading inspires.

I also think this has strong broad reference implications as well - how about reading 9 books of relevance to 9 different areas of referance and information services work? I will have to think about my 9 categories of reference work, but would probably include changes to reference service delivery including roving reference, community information, readers advisory work, and local studies for a start. I will let you know how my reading goes (it will be a mix of books, articles, online reports, blogs, videos and podcasts).

What are your 9 books and the 9 categories they represent?

No comments: